Sunday, February 5, 2012

This is becoming a regular thing now.....

Now that I have caught you up on the wedding, I shall go on and finish up where I left off in my life thus far. As I mentioned before I have acquired a new job.... in no small part to an awesome new friend. So let me tell you how I came upon this new job, it really started towards the tail end of my last post about my life. I was getting fed up with the GLOBAL car windshield replacement and repair company and I wanted to find something closer to my house. Naturally I go looking at the closest place i can find that has a bevy of options for me to inquire about...... the mall.... Yes I can hear you peoples of the Internet now.... “why would you leave a GLOBAL company to work at a mall” well the short answer to that is DISTANCE. Yes taking a pay cut does suck but when you live 5 mins away from our job, you make it up in the fuel you would have spent going to a job that's an hour away... every day.... in traffic.... in a jeep that isn't exactly the most reliable mode of transportation I have had. But that's a story for another time..... getting back on topic here. As I was searching the mall for my next “job”, I just happened to be in the right spot at the right time (well my wife was in the right spot at the right time... I was asking the cleaning crew at the mall if they had any spots open... that's how desperate I was to leave the shitty place.) when the security guard for the mall asked my wife if I was looking for work, and my wife being the super social butterfly that she is told her my life story. Turns out that the mall were looking to take on some new hires... (the first person to crack a Paul Blart joke will be maced and handcuffed o a cow that was fed burritos for dinner....) What I didn’t know at the time was the security guard that told me to apply was going to turn out to be a new good friend of mine. Jump to a few weeks later and BOOM... I got the job, mainly because of Toni (last name with held until I can clear it with her to use in my blog.) she really pushed for me to get this job... all after maybe talking to her for all of 5 mins. I really cant thank her enough, this job so far (i have only been working as a security guard for 6 months) has been the best job I have ever done. Wait I take that back.. that word JOB... I have worked jobs before but this... this is going to be my career. The sense of duty, pride and accomplishment I have working here is something I have never felt before. Yes I know right now I am only a mall security guard, but hey you have to start some where right? I have always wanted to get into the security field, but in NY it is very hard. Mainly because you have to pay to get a licences and that is very very expensive, and the only way to get a job in security is to have experience. So yeah go figure right, cant get the license because its expensive and cant get the job with out a license. Back to my topic yet again, I have found my calling.... people have always said I should be a bouncer or a body guard... mainly because I am built to look tough and mean. But working here has just made me realize the potential I have in my self to go far in this field. And now 6 months in I feel like I want to become a police officer. I can utilize my experience here in the mall and translate that in to a law enforcement career. I know its not going to be easy, and I know its not going to happen over night, but I am going to use this JOB as a mall security guard as a stepping stone to bigger and better things! My ultimate goal is to take all my security knowledge I have now and will get in the coming years and put that towards a career in law enforcement and hopefully take the law enforcement and turn that into a private security career. That's where I ultimately want to take all of this, Private Security. Nothing crazy like Academi, but something in those lines.

So now here comes the fun part.... I have caught everyone up on my life up until now.... Now its time to have some fun. I will be regaling everyone with my stories that I have acquired over the past few months. Some personal and some from work related happenings. Some of it might suck and be boring and hopefully some will be funny and intriguing. You all should know by now that I really don't hold back on here and I kinda speak my mind (because that's how I type... what ever comes out of my head goes down on paper.... not exactly English major stuff here but hell its my brain and this is how it works!) So sit back and enjoy the ride because I am going to be making this blog a regular thing now......


Till next time......

If you don’t know...... now you Yeknom!

1 comment:

  1. Well at least u didn't go from collage to mall cop. With the economy the way it is some people go from collage to waiting tables. At least u have a good attitude. Love you.

    ReplyDelete